Climate Change Risk Assessment shows the UK needs to adapt « Defra News
• Hotter summers present significant health risks.
• Increasing pressure on the UK’s water resources.
• The risks of flooding are projected to increase significantly across the UK.
• The number of days in an average year when temperatures rise above 26 degrees C is projected to rise from 18 days to between 27-121 days in London by the 2080s.
• Increases in drought and some pest and diseases could reduce timber yields and quality.
• Opening of Arctic shipping routes.
• Milder winters may result in a major reduction in cold-related deaths and illnesses.
• Opportunities to improve sustainable food production.
Also see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16730834